Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Thoughts on "What a Mess: Chaos and Creativity"

(Messy vs Clean)

This article peaked my interests on several different levels. Diving right in here, the main thing that really stood out to me was the participant’s choice in food after filling out a survey in either a cluttered or neat environment. The article states, “Those who had been working in an orderly workspace were more generous…They were also more likely to make the healthy food choice”. While reading this whole article I was constantly relating the results to myself. My roommates and I here at school try to keep our room relatively neat as we all make our beds, don’t leave clothes on the floor, etc. However when given the choice, 10 out of 10 times I would choose chocolate over an apple regardless of my environment. Being honest I’ve gone through two bags of Dove chocolate over the past four days. So as for my “clean and neat” environment affecting my food choices, I had to disagree with the study.

No comments:

Post a Comment