Tuesday, February 9, 2016

"Diva"

(Map of Paris)

I can honestly say I found myself enjoying the film Diva more than I initially expected to. One of the reasons I think that I took a liking to this film was because it featured people from all corners of Paris. The postman and famous opera singer is a very unexpected friendship and they make an unlikely duo. I think the film does a good job portraying how well the duo gets along, despite their obvious financial and social situations. Jules (the postman) finds another unlikely friendship with Alba, a young Vietnamese girl who lives with a much older man that can only be described as some sort of guru. Throughout the film every individual’s story intertwines with each other slowly but surely, uniting people from all corners of Paris in one crazy narrative. The unlikely friendship that spurs between these individuals is what really held my interest, as it’s something quite unique that I don’t often see in many films anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment