Thursday, February 11, 2016

Paper Airplanes

(Praying Mantis Paper Airplane Design)
I’m going to come right out and say that making a paper airplane was way more difficult than I remember. I went through countless sheets of paper and many different designs before I made one that was good enough to bring to class. I had a lot of fun with this activity and ended up making a “praying mantis” paper airplane. Unfortunately the picture above isn’t my plane (lost mine in the parking lot) but it does look very similar. In class my paper airplane sort of crashed and burned, it went all of two feet before it started to take a nosedive straight for the ground. However, once we went up to the parking lot was when the capabilities of my paper airplane really showed. The first throw it looped around and actually came back into the parking lot, which was very unexpected. The second throw the airplane actually looped back again, but went back into the parking lot a level below where we were standing and I was unable to find and retrieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment